Kindle: Amazon's Revolutionary wireless reading device
Click here now to learn more about the Amazon.com Kindle reading device
Kindle Price: $399.00 & includes FREE Two-Day Shipping.
The Amazon Kindle is a portable reading device that can wirelessly download books, blogs, magazines, and newspapers.
Kindle provides an exceptional reading experience. Thanks to electronic paper, a revolutionary new display technology, reading Kindle’s screen is as sharp and natural as reading ink on paper, and nothing like the strain and glare of a computer screen. Kindle is easy on the fingertips and never becomes hot like other electronic devices.
The Kindle device is completely wireless and mobile and simple to use for everyone No PC required and no syncing needed. Using the same networks as advanced cell phones, the Kindle delivers content via Amazon's wireless delivery system, Amazon Whispernet. Unlike WiFi, you’ll never need to locate a hotspot. There are no confusing service plans, yearly contracts, or monthly wireless bills. Those hassles are taken care of by Amazon.com so you can just read.
Whispernet allows you to be anywhere, think of a book, and get it in one minute. Content can also be delievered to you automatically, wherever you are, for examples newspaper subscriptions each morning. Most magazines arrive before they hit newsstands. Read the book for tomorrow night’s book club. Download any book you like at the airport. Kindle delivers your spontaneous reading choices on demand, whatever you are in the mood for at any time.
Kindle also allows you to download and read the beginning of books for free. You can try out a book, and if you like it, simply buy and download with 1-Click, right from your Kindle, and continue reading. Also, sign up for a free, risk-free two-week trial of your favoriate newspaper.
The Amazon Kindle is approximately the size of a paperback size and has expandable memory, allowing you to travel light with your entire library. Give yourself the freedom to download what you want, when you want,and never again find yourself stuck without a great read.
Utilizing a new high-resolution display technology called electronic paper, Kindle provides a crisp black-and-white screen that resembles the appearance and readability of printed paper. The screen works using ink, just like books and newspapers, but displays ink particles electronically. It reflects light like ordinary paper and uses no backlighting, eliminating the glare associated with other electronic displays. That means Kindle can be read as easily in bright sunlight as in your living room. The screen never gets hot so you can comfortably read as long as you like.
What people are saying about the Kindle screen:
Michael Lewis, author of Moneyball, "I'm telling you, after five minutes I've ceased to think I'm looking at a screen. It's not like reading a computer screen. It's more like reading a piece of paper. I think it's actually clearer, easier on the eye than the printed word."
James Patterson, author of You've Been Warned, "The screen is fabulous. You would expect that, with a screen, there would be a glare, it would be hard to read but it's not. There’s no glare. It's not backlit, which is kind of magical. I think people are going to be very, very surprised and delighted. This is a lot easier to read than a lot of books are these days."
Neil Gaiman, author of Stardust, "It's like paper and it’s very interesting. It’s very, very crisp. Very functional. Very readable."
- Revolutionary electronic-paper display provides sharp, high-resolution screen that looks and reads like real paper.
- Simple to use: no computer, no cables, no syncing.
- Wireless connectivity enables you to shop the Kindle Store directly from your Kindle—whether you’re in the back of a taxi, at the airport, or in bed.
- Buy a book and it is auto-delivered wirelessly in less than one minute.
- More than 90,000 books available, including 100 of 112 current New York Times® Best Sellers.
- New York Times® Best Sellers and all New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise.
- Free book samples. Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy.
- Top U.S. newspapers including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post; top magazines including TIME, Atlantic Monthly, and Forbes—all auto-delivered wirelessly.
- Top international newspapers from France, Germany, and Ireland; Le Monde, Frankfurter Allgemeine, and The Irish Times—all auto-delivered wirelessly.
- More than 250 top blogs from the worlds of business, technology, sports, entertainment, and politics, including BoingBoing, Slashdot, TechCrunch, ESPN's Bill Simmons, The Onion, Michelle Malkin, and The Huffington Post—all updated wirelessly throughout the day.
- Lighter and thinner than a typical paperback; weighs only 10.3 ounces.
- Holds over 200 titles.
- Long battery life. Leave wireless on and recharge approximately every other day. Turn wireless off and read for a week or more before recharging. Fully recharges in 2 hours.
- Unlike WiFi, Kindle utilizes the same high-speed data network (EVDO) as advanced cell phones—so you never have to locate a hotspot.
- No monthly wireless bills, service plans, or commitments—we take care of the wireless delivery so you can simply click, buy, and read.
- Includes free wireless access to the planet's most exhaustive and up-to-date encyclopedia—Wikipedia.org.
- Email your Word documents and pictures (.JPG, .GIF, .BMP, .PNG) to Kindle for easy on-the-go viewing.
- Included in the box: Kindle wireless reader, Book cover, Power adapter, USB 2.0 cable
Kindle: Amazon's revolutionary new reading device